They fire 100 people from the residence of Charles III

They fire 100 people from the residence of Charles III

About 100 staff at the residence of Britain’s King Charles III have been told they could lose their jobs after he was announced as the new monarch, the Guardian newspaper reported.

“Following the ascension to the throne last week, the former home of the Prince of Wales has ceased operations. Although some redundancies are inevitable, we are working urgently to find alternative roles for the largest number of staff,” the paper quoted a spokesman for the current monarch’s residence as saying.

According to the Guardian, about 100 people, including those who have worked at the residence for decades, have received notices of possible dismissal. The employees, private secretaries, finance and public relations officers were informed about this during a thanksgiving prayer on September 12, reported Nova Tv.

“Everyone is worried, including private secretaries and senior staff. All staff have been working late every night since Thursday and were shocked,” a source told the newspaper. It is noted, however, that some staff who “provide support and advice” to Charles and his wife Camilla will not be made redundant.

Queen Elizabeth II, in turn, employed a staff of 491.

.