NASA will highlight groundbreaking discoveries, benefits for humanity, and how the agency and its commercial and international partners will maximize research and development aboard the International Space Station at the 11th annual International Space Station Research and Development Conference.
The conference runs Monday, July 25 to Thursday, July 28 in Washington. The sheet conference schedule is available online.
NASA will provide live coverage of select panels from the conference on NASA Television, the NASA app, and the agencies website.
The event coincides with the release of the 2022 edition of the International Space Station Benefits for Humanity publication highlighting the advances in scientific knowledge on Earth, and in space, physical, and biological sciences, aboard the microgravity laboratory for the benefits of people living on our home planet.
NASA coverage of the research and development conference is as follows (all times Eastern):
Tuesday, July 26
9 am International Space Station Downlink and Keynote Address
- Jessica Watkins, NASA astronaut
- Kjell Lindgren, NASA astronaut
- Chris Own, founder and CEO, Voxa, Inc.
- Oren Milstein, CEO and chief scientific officer, Stemrad
- David Kerley, Panel Moderator, Discovery Channel
9:25 am Next Decade of Results: A Conversation with NASA and International Space Station National Laboratory Leadership
- Ray Lugo, CEO, ISS National Laboratory
- Robyn Gatens, director, International Space Station, NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Joel Montalbano, manager, NASA International Space Station Program, NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston
11:20 am The Next Decade of Results: A Conversation with the Chief Scientists of the ISSNL and NASAs International Space Station Program
- Katherine Calvin, chief scientist and senior climate advisor, NASA Headquarters
- Kirt Costello, chief scientist, International Space Station Program, NASAs Johnson Space Center
- Mike Roberts, chief scientist, ISS National Laboratory
Wednesday, July 27
8:50 am NASA Leadership Keynote
- Bob Cabana, NASA associate administrator
- Kathryn Lueders, associate administrator, NASAs Space Operations Mission Directorate, NASA Headquarters
- Vanessa Wyche, Director, NASAs Johnson Space Center
Thursday, July 28
8:45 am Climate Research Aboard the International Space Station
- Karen St. Germain, Director, Earth Science Division, NASA Headquarters
- Ralph O. Dubayah, Principal Investigator, Global Ecosystem Dynamics Investigation, University of Maryland
- Simon Hook, Principal Investigator, Ecosystem Spaceborne Thermal Radiometer Experiment on Space Station, NASAs Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California
The International Space Station Research and Development Conference is hosted by the Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS) and the American Astronautical Society (AAS), in cooperation with NASA, the conference brings together leaders from industry, academia and government.
Get updates about the science conducted aboard the space station on Twitter @ISS_Research.