One of the top scorers of the efbet Liga so far, Dimitar Mitkov, gave a special interview to Gong.bg.
In it, he talked about the development of the Lokomotiv Sofia team under the leadership of Stanislav Genchev, about the upcoming meeting with Ludogorets, paying attention to what is happening in the Bulgarian national team.
– Hello Mitko, how are you, did you manage to rest at least a little during this break?
– Hello, yes, I rested, we had enough time to recover and come back with full strength.
– What has Stanislav Genchev changed since he took over the team?
– A lot of things have changed, but I think the most basic of them is the work in the training process.
– Do you have set goals set goals for this season, because in an interview you said that this year Lokomotiv will not fight to stay in the elite?
– This is certainly the case and I believe it, we have not set any specific goals, we go out every match with maximum concentration to play for the three points.
– He also played briefly in CSKA 1948, what didn’t work out for you there?
– Maybe the fact that I lacked experience. I played some of my first matches in the efbet League there and I think that experience was what I lacked.
– Now you are one of the top scorers in the championship, but in the last three games you haven’t scored, how does that make you feel?
– This does not worry me at all, I think that at the right moment things will be in order again.
– You are on a streak of two consecutive victories, one of which was against Levski at Lokomotiv St., did this affect your self-confidence in any way?
– Absolutely, this is normal after a victory over Levski, but we should not be dizzy, but concentrate, because every single match brings us three points. Against every opponent we must be fully prepared and not underestimate anyone.
– You are a youth player of Spartak Varna, you recently played with this team and won 3:2, and two of the goals were yours. Was this a special fight for you?
– Yes for sure. Spartak Varna is the team in which I grew up as a child and it has left me with many good memories. I’m sorry that I happened to score two goals on them, but that’s how it is in football
– Now you have to meet Ludogorets. How should the team look to hope for something against the champions of Bulgaria?
– I think it will be quite an interesting match here in Nadezhda. We have to be absolutely concentrated from the first minute to the last against a team like Ludogorets, because we know what kind of players they have.
– What are the strongest sides of the champions of Bulgaria?
– They have a lot of quality players and I think we have to be focused both in defense and in attack and make the most of our opportunities, and maybe that’s what will bring us success.
– You already have experience in the efbet League, do you think the level has increased this year compared to last year?
– I would not like to comment on the other teams. For our team in particular, I think we’ve certainly improved, overall and the results show it.
– We know that the level of Bulgarian football is not what we want it to be. What do you think is the thing that needs to be rooted out and changed?
– This topic is quite broad. To begin with, work should be started in children’s schools.
– Let’s talk about the national team, even though you managed to score 6 goals since the start of the season, Mladen Krastaic, the new coach of the national team, did not call you. How did that make you feel?
– I would be lying if I said that I didn’t expect it, but this only motivates me even more to work, to develop, and hopefully I will also get into the national team.
– In your opinion, will he be able to cope with the difficult task of stabilizing the performance of our team?
– The task is certainly difficult, I do not know him personally and I have no observations about him. I hope he does well and I wish him well.
– You are a young player, there is a lot of talk about rejuvenation in the national team. Do you think that the national team can develop only with young players?
– I do not think. In my opinion, there should be a fusion between the young and the experienced. Let the young grow up around the experienced. This is the best way.
– Finally, what do you wish for professionally with the Lokomotiv team, and personally?
– For now, I want to play well, be alive and healthy, score goals and have more and more victories with the team.