Al Nasser only pays 10% of Cristiano’s millions, the rest comes from the state

Only 10% of Cristiano Ronaldo’s exorbitant salary at Al Nasser is paid by the club itself. The remaining 90% of the colossal sum, equivalent to around 200 million euros per season, comes directly from the Saudi Arabian state budget, The Athletic claimed, citing a well-informed source who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Portuguese superstar is not enjoying a dream start to his new adventure. He left Manchester United to accept a multi-million dollar offer from the Saudi outfit, but is still waiting for his first goal in an official game.

The 37-year-old veteran has signed only in an exhibition match with Paris Saint-Germain, and then played one match each for the championship and the Super Cup of the country, where not only did he not score, but Al Nasser was dropped.

Discontent among the club’s fans is starting to grow and the Portuguese will surely need to start scoring like we are used to him if he is not to attract more criticism.

He will try to end his goal drought tomorrow when Al Nassut visit Al Fateh.

Cristiano’s team lead the standings with 33 points, while tomorrow’s opponent is further back in the table with 12 less.

The veteran surprised everyone with his decision to sign with the Saudi club and leave Europe for the first time in his career. So far, he had played in his native Portugal, England, Spain and Italy, and after parting with Manchester, he was expected to strengthen another team from the Old Continent or leave for the USA.

Related Articles

Back to top button